22 - 23 July, 2020
Hotel Palace, Berlin
Conference Day One – 22 July 2020
8:00 am - 8:40 am REGISTRATION & WELCOME COFFEE
8:00 am - 8:40 am WOMEN IN PROCUREMENT CHAMPAGNE BREAKFAST How to successfully drive a diversity and inclusion programme across your organisation
8:40 am - 8:45 am Opening remarks – Sonal Ghelani, Programme Director, WBR
8:45 am - 9:00 am Chair’s opening address
Redefining The Future Role of Procurement In the Digital Era
9:00 am - 9:30 am Keynote Fireside Chat: Going in-depth with Uber: How can you successfully leverage IoT and connectivity to provide your business with a competitive edge?
· How has Uber implemented and integrated IoT within their procurement function?
· What have the benefits of IoT and superfast connectivity transformed to e-sourcing at Uber?
· How to raise your procurement function profile through capitalizing on IoT and creating a competitive advantage for your business
· How are Uber building a future proof procurement roadmap to further transform their internal processes?
Rahul VijayHead of Connectivity Sourcing & Operations
9:30 am - 9:50 am Keynote Presentation: Moving beyond cost savings: How can you build a world class procurement function that delivers real company value to shift the mindset of key stakeholders to see procurement as a business critical function?
Paul Bestford CPO Burberry
Paul Bestford CPO Burberry
· How to best demonstrate success stories to position your procurement team as a key business partner and effect change amongst key stakeholders
· How to move beyond delivering cost savings and focus on value-creation through strategic sourcing processes
· How can moving towards an agile procurement structure contribute to overall business strategy and growth plans beyond basic cost savings?
· How does the role of the CPO need to evolve to keep up with the demands of the business in a digital world
· How can you upskill your procurement team to be seen as value generators?
· What does ‘value’ mean to your business and how are these metrics imbedded in your strategy to ensure KPI’s are delivered?
9:50 am - 10:30 am Keynote Interactive Panel: Integrating your technology, people and processes: How can you build a strategy to successfully align these critical factors within your procurement function to deliver greater value?
· Becoming a business partner: How to create valve beyond cost saving through leveraging key supplier relationships, increasing technology adoption and creating cross functional teams within the business
· How can you determine what a great procurement structure looks like for your organisation?
· How to best track industry trends and innovations to create a winning next generation procurement teamconsistently deliver business value
· How will the CPO’s role transform in the digital era to remain relevant within the business?
· What will be the core skill sets of procurement professional in the future and how will these skills be replenished?
Rob AlexanderCPO EMEA
Phil ThomasMD & Head of Global Sourcing
Vijay ParekhSenior Director of Delivery-Contract Compliance
10:30 am - 10:50 am Keynote Presentation: How to build a procurement ecosystem to best capture the value generated by your department and demonstrate to the business leadership team
· How can you capture and report new metrics to help expand your department KPI’s
· How can you leverage technology to drive value customer satisfaction and innovation
· How can you streamline procurement processes though technology adoption to deliver higher ROI and boost the bottom line
· How can you measure and demonstrate key metrics beyond cost savings to showcase your functions true value to the business
Warren ChambersVP of Indirect Procurement
10:50 am - 11:40 am Networking Break
11:40 am - 12:00 pm Oxford-style Debate: Procurement functions need to be driven by robotic process automation to be truly efficient - For or Against
Secure your front row seat as the conference room turns into a debate forum. Choose your position in the opening audience vote and then engage with industry experts as they present their motions, question the opposition, defend their point of view and conclude with their closing statements. Ultimately, the power is in your hands as you decide who delivered a knockout argument and claims debate victory; will your opinion change by the closing vote?
Martin GoldsteinHead of Procurement
12:00 pm - 12:20 pm Presentation: Harnessing the power of disruptive technology: How to define the roadmap for your digital procurement transformation journey and deliver a competitive edge for the business
· How can you best demonstrate the benefits of digital-first procurement function and secure the buy-in from the business leadership team for your transformation projects?
· How to leverage the latest tools and strategies to support your team whilst going though digital transformation
· Exploring value added tools: How can you identify which digital technologies are best placed to drive productivity and cut operating costs?
· How to incorporate RPA to automate procurement processes and reduce the heavy lifting for your teams so they can focus on high value tasks
12:20 pm - 12:40 pm Case Study: Leveraging AI as a catalyst for digital transformation: How to integrate the latest cognitive technologies within indirect procurement to drive greater efficiencies
· Exploring AI, RPA, Machine Learning: How to seamlessly integrate these innovations within the function and highlight the practical uses of frictionless automation
· Building a business case: How can you map out the long term benefits of embracing new technology in line with wider company goals to demonstrate value add to the business?
· How to implement a ‘procure to innovate’ mindset amongst your people to stay ahead of the curve
· How can you best demonstrate quick wins and critical success stories to key stakeholders and secure further backing for future investment in disruptive technologies?
12:40 pm - 1:00 pm Presentation: Exploring ‘self-serve’ procurement: How to invest in cognitive technologies to eliminate dependence on third party services and shorten the procurement lifecycle
· How can you identify which processes within your procurement function would benefit from increased automation?
· How to leverage contract management tools to build a solid foundation for your procurement transformation strategy
· How to build a streamlined contracting process to deliver a competitive edge for the wider business
· How can you leverage intelligent sourcing to effectively re-evaluate suppliers and continuously secure the best deal for your business
Speaker TBC, Yapta
Rob RousouSolution Specialist
1:00 pm - 2:15 pm Networking Lunch
1:00 pm - 2:00 pm Lunch Masterclass - APS Innovation Lab: How procurement can take the lead in driving innovation forward
Track A - Transforming e-Procurement with Emerging Technologies & Data Analytics2:15 pm - 2:20 pm Chair’s opening address
Track A - Transforming e-Procurement with Emerging Technologies & Data Analytics2:20 pm - 2:40 pm Fire-side Chat: How can you build a startup ecosystem to benefit from the latest innovations in today’s agile environment?
· How to select the right start-up to help support indirect sourcing and purchasing and seamlessly integrate them as key partners for your team
· How can the agile start-up environment allow you to adopt new technologies at pace and reap the benefits quicker?
· How can you build strong relationships with startups to gain maximum exposure to the latest innovations?
· How to leverage new tools in the market to best find and vet startups and kick-start the process for your team
· How can you partner with start-ups to assist with vendor management and governance to ensure suppliers are fully compliant according to key brand values?
· Benchmarking your start-up partnerships: Should start-ups only be benchmarked against other startups or against traditional suppliers as well?
Phil ThomasMD & Head of Global Sourcing
Track A - Transforming e-Procurement with Emerging Technologies & Data Analytics2:40 pm - 3:20 pm Interactive Interview: Redefining P2P: How has ‘Procure to Pay’ evolved into ‘Procure & Pay’ and become a game changing tool in advancing the procurement lifecycle?
· How can you move away from traditional models and embrace new technologies to stay ahead of the competition?
· How to assess key P2P KPI’s to monitor efficiency of the processes and ensure optimum control of spend, quality and time of the P2P process
· How can you benefit from P2P when crunching vendor management data to ensure you have the best discounts and policy compliance?
· How can you show the benefits to key stakeholders on this streamlined process to continue investment in further developing the function?
· How to seamlessly integrate and develop your team’s skills to use P2P tools to their greatest potential
Ben JoyceGlobal Head of Sourcing
ICB Standard Bank
Andrew AudenDirector, Senior Product Manager, B2B & Payables
Bank of America
Track A - Transforming e-Procurement with Emerging Technologies & Data Analytics3:20 pm - 3:40 pm Innovation Spotlight: Building your investment business case: How to determine which next generation e-procurement tools to deploy to gain a competitive edge an era of digital-first?
Track B - Exploring Next Generation Supplier Relationship Management2:20 pm - 2:40 pm Case Study: How to implement a new supplier relationship strategy to better engage and collaborate with external suppliers to maximise partnerships, drive innovation and cut costs
· How to leverage innovation from your third party suppliers to remain competitive and ensure you are getting the best prices
· How to achieve a harmonious partnership between supplier, buyer and end-user to deliver greater value to your business
· How can involving your suppliers in more decisions change the nature of your partnerships and enable you to secure better deals?
Track B - Exploring Next Generation Supplier Relationship Management2:40 pm - 3:20 pm Panel Discussion: Increasing supplier transparency: How can you build greater communication between suppliers, buyers and customers to enhance transparency and promote innovation?
· How to best engage with your suppliers and truly make them a business partners by increasing transparency to attain customer satisfaction
· How can you better understand your supplier market to promote future innovation?
· How will SRM lead to cost savings and help build better relationships between stakeholders?
· How to negotiate the best deals by your teams whilst maintaining a solid relationship
· How can you set non-monetary goals with your suppliers to help them promote and enhance corporate social responsibilities?
· How can you sure you are an attractive buyer to suppliers to leverage their innovations by coming to you first and gaining a competitive edge
Anca GherasimMD of Group Procurement
Harmen LanserVP of Purchasing
Ciaran OwensGlobal Head of Procurement
Track B - Exploring Next Generation Supplier Relationship Management3:20 pm - 3:40 pm Case Study: Generali’s Journey: How to successfully build relationships with your key suppliers to drive innovation and gain long term benefits for your business
· How to map out your roadmap to a successful partnership with your suppliers to drive innovation and value
· What are the critical success factors when managing and building a strong strategy?
· How can you measure the value generated by your suppliers and share it with key stakeholders?
· Best practice: What were the key challenges, lessons learnt and next steps for your team
Track C - Mastering The New Role of Procurement3:20 pm - 3:40 pm Synergy Workshop: How to master the art of negotiation to secure the best provider for your business and cut third party costs
Learn from real life case studies on how to evolve your negotiation skills to strengthen relationships with key suppliers to secure the best price and drive innovation
Take away top tips, tricks, and techniques on how best to add value to your business by becoming strong member of your negotiating team.
Albana DyrmishiHead of Indirect Procurement
Limited to 15 CPOs & Heads of Indirect Procurement
Track D - Succeeding with Transformative Change Management2:30 pm - 3:30 pm Creative Boardroom: Driving change management: How can you re-define the role of your workforce in the digital era to remain competitive?
Martin Lee CPO KPMG
Martin Lee CPO KPMG
· How to effectively manage internal changes driven by greater technology adaption to minimise processes and maximise workforce performance
· Building a change culture: How can procurement influence and impact top and bottom line growth to better shape the future of your organisation?
· How to upscale an innovation mindset within your team culture to encourage technology adoption
· Moving beyond category specific roles: How does the role of procurement go beyond category management and what will the future implications of this on the function from CPO perspective?
3:40 pm - 4:20 pm Afternoon Networking Break
3:40 pm - 4:40 pm Invite only Masterclass - Contract Audit: The Power of Prevention
· Pathway to prevention: Learn the broad spectrum of where overpayment problems originate and how best to identify and fix the root causes
· Supercharging your results: How evolving the maturity of your contract audit program will exponentially expand value to your company
· From reactive to proactive: Key steps to building a program which identifies issues quicker, leading to immediate and sustained cost savings
James AlbrechtVP, Audit Operations
4:20 pm - 5:00 pm Case Study Revolution: Mastering the art of transformation to position your business as truly digital and gain a competitive edge
5:00 pm - 5:40 pm Interactive Interview: How can you revolutionise indirect procurement through increased data analysis to master spend analytics processes?
· How to leverage big data to gain actionable insights from customers and suppliers and secure full visibility and control on all indirect spend within the business
· How to leverage internal data sets to introduce new innovations throughout the procurement lifecycle to increase cost savings
· How can you acquire, analyse and monitor data securely to empower strategic sourcing and purchasing decisions?
· How to build a robust data governance strategy to better manage internal and external data to make informed decisions and increase accuracies in tracking indirect spend
· How to integrate data management tools into the procurement lifecycle to support your teams and optimize your function’s business value
Genc SoydanyavasHead of IT Procurement
Kaushik YathindraHead of Digital
4:20 pm - 5:00 pm Interactive Interview: How can you use data analytic tools to rapidly evaluate which vendors can enable you to drive value, increase transparency, and reduce spend to mitigate risks?
· How to evaluate third party vendors efficiently using cognitive technology and data analytics to maintain relationships with suppliers but also ensure they are fully compliant in protecting your brand value
· How to best explore the technology landscape to understand what solutions are out there to ensure you secure the best partnerships for your business
· How you can maximise SRM tools to organise suppliers by reputation and performance to select the best solution to support your teams?
· How to leverage guided buying to ensure suppliers are ethically compliant to manage risk when selecting vendors
Zsolt SzekerGlobal Head of Indirect Procurement
Julien ChabannasVP of Indirect Sourcing EMEA
5:00 pm - 5:40 pm Industry Specific Interactive Roundtable Discussions: How to build better relationships with industry specific suppliers to negotiate the best value deal for your business and benefit from supplier led innovations
1) FMCG: Tomas Veit, Group Head of Procurement, Asahi Brewery
2) Financial services:
3) Hospitality: María Madrid Rodenas, VP of Strategic Sourcing EMEA, Radisson Group
4) Telecom: Anton Shibanov, Director of Contract Management, MTS
Tomas VeitGroup Head of Procurement
Maria GraneroHead of Defence & Space Engineering Services Procurement
Anton ShibanovDirector of Contract Management
4:20 pm - 5:20 pm Synergy Workshop: Thriving in the modern age of procurement: How to position contract management as the foundation of your procurement transformation strategy to help you get the most of your systems
4:40 pm - 5:40 pm CPO’s in Pharma Boardroom: How can you adopt a digital-first culture within a highly regulated industry to deliver additional value-add for your business?
· How to kick start the transformation process within your procurement function whilst adhering to regulatory requirement
· How can you identify new opportunities for digital processes to generate greater cost savings for the business
· How to best structure your department in line with new digital processes to drive greater productivity and efficiencies
· What are the current success stories in the pharma industry you can use as a benchmark for your digital transformation goals
Alastair SmithProcurement Director
5:40 pm - 6:40 pm Networking Reception at the Gin Bar
Your opportunity to unwind in an informal setting whilst, discussing shared challenges, exchanging new ideas and making new contacts!